BEWARE - BEWARE - BEWARE - DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER working HERE-----

Training is done by staff who failed in other departments. Literally, it is maybe a 4-5 month job. Process is to train as many people as possible then fire them or make them so miserable they walk out. Everyone who works there hates it.

Bonus/Incentive program changes monthly. Bonus/Incentive which you might qualify for, disappears though some undisclosed entity. You made the sale, but then they magically are cancelled.

You are encouraged by supervisors to lie, cheat & steal from customers & then you are penalized by Quality Assurance.

Sales are for products & customer service for lowest rated cell phone provider, who is consistently rated worst provider, worst customer service & also in the top 50 worst employers to work for in the US. Do your research!!!

This companies reputation is nationwide for everyone of their call centers, it is notated as the worst job any employee has ever had by former & current employees.

Had an Experience with West Corporation?

Comments

I swear, I think West busses in employees from local housing projects. That would be great if they knew who to speak proper English and didn't dress like they were going to a nightclub to get drunk on MD20/20.

You must be salary

Reno, Nevada, United States #1138971

They changed the vacation policy right before many 1 year employee were to receive there promised time off and now they must earn it a few hours each check..nice...some of us who had saved time off after years of service were striped of earned time off due to not being able to carry it over

Completely innacurrate

West is full of *** kissing hypocrites who have no management skills nor people skills.ALL OF THE *** KISSERS AND NO LIFE'S LOVE THIS JOB!

I work in OKC, been here well over a year, & of all the childishness and *** kissing not to mention people with authority who do not know how to use it... Every rule is broken by the chosen few, managers and certain employees can sleep at their desks and anyone else is reprimanded... I could write a book of reasons why this place should be shut down for good...

Then burn it to the ground so that it has no chance of re-opening...IJS

The management positions at West are awarded by virtue of attrition - those who are able to withstand a rigorous dousing in a lethargic and arbitrary workplace come to be promoted.Well, of course, unless one of the dance-off winners doesn't like you for any reason at all.

In which case, it will be lower-middle-management ordered PINS (performance improvement notices), 1, 2, 3 strikes you are out (lucky you if that is the case). West is a dead-end environment. It is renowned for its *** personalities at the helm. You should think of this organization as a factory job, not a professional career.

They hire everyone and their mother. I suggest you go there, tell them all the buzzwords (close the sale) that they want to hear and get hired for training. Once “training” is over and you are “certified”, thrown out on the floor, either do a very horrible job (hang up and curse at callers) or just don’t show up at all. Unless you are completely inept and zombie-like, this place is not for you.

It will kill your spirit and destroy your life. They have a strong bias against the LGBT and other minority groups. It is really a clique (or claque) environment, if you don’t have a friend in management then I suggest you look elsewhere for employment.

I want to stress, even if you are desperate, this is not the place to go.

If you do your job right and show up to work you have no problems.I'm the quiet one in the back that logs in takes my calls then go home.

Its not that hard they're dicks if you bring attention to yourself but if your numbers show a good job and they can't even find where you're sitting you have job security.I kiss anyones *** and I don't make a big stink I simply do my job and I've been there for years....

Youngstown, Ohio, United States #743786

I worked my a## off for this company for 8 months only to get fired for some reason they wouldn't tell me about!! If you are thinking about working for this company, don't. They will train you, work you to the bone, then throw you out like yesterdays trash.

this is a pass through job unless you kiss the right butts and my nose is already brown so no

diggidydoo

For the month of September many employees at West qualifed for extremely high incentives under the document that was issued for 9/2012. Many emplyees earned close to the windfall clause issued by their client company, of five thousand. In October when the incentives were added to the last paycheck of the month, many got a very nasty surprise.

Management at West changed the metrics for the incentives after the end of the month.

Many had their incentives reduced from thousands, to hundreds. Only a lucky few were able to break over a thousand dollars. West Mamangment did this without warning their emoployees, and when confronted on it, some were shown the metrics which has a mathmatical algorithim that West is unwilling to explain so that it can be verified. Others were politely told that there was nothing that could be done about the loss. Those who have complained about it have been quietly told that to continue on that course would put their jobs in jeapordy.

Line Supervisors are unwilling help those who need their help, and the word is being passed through actions instead of actual written word, if you don't know find out on your own because we are as in the dark as you are.